Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Engagement Trip to Winter Wonderland

Hello darlings!

I have very happy news to share with you. I got engaged to the most wonderful man on the planet!!! It all happened in an intimate and romantic fashion at home under the Christmas Tree! Here is the gorgeous evidence of that fairy tale moment!


As a way to celebrate our engagement my man took me on a trip to a Winter Wonderland. We first went to Ste-Adele where we stayed at Hotel Le Chantecler

Hotel Le Chantecler

My fiance was determined to teach me to like downhill skiing (after a previous unpleasant experience) which is what we did for the whole day at Le Chantecler Ski Resort. I must admit he accomplished his mission as the resort had a very nice bunny hill and non-stop flurries ensured fresh powdered surface perfect for beginners like me.

This is our "Aliens" look

On the second day of our stay, we decided to literally go off the beaten path - in snow shoes. Spoiled by mild and snowless winter in Toronto I had no idea what I was up against in the Montreal area. The amount of snow in the region definitely called for warmer and sturdier shoes than what I had packed with me. Yet, I was so determined to go on this snowy adventure that my heeled boots did not stop me. My fiance insisted that he take a picture of my snowshoeing gear. 

Snowshoeing in style in Ste-Adele

My determination payed off: the virgin white fields and snow-clad trees were a magical sight to see.


Downtown Montreal was our next stop. Here we went to the Musee des Beaux-Arts, saw Luminotherapie installations in the Quartier des spectacles, watched Cirque du Soleil's last performance of SaltimBanco and just walked the streets of this lively city. All of the above activities deserve their own posts. I will limit myself to showing you a few pictures from this unforgettable trip!



Luminotherapie installation at Place des Festivals


Inside Place des Arts



Montreal definitely looks more glamorous in winter than during any other season! So there was no better way to celebrate this amazing event!

No comments:

Post a Comment