Sunday, July 28, 2013

Outfit Idea #17. Paisley Pattern Pencil Skirt.

Can u repeat that 3 times really fast?

If you are stuck in an office during these lovely summer days my heart goes out to you. But I also have a solution: you can show your coworkers that you still remember that it's summer by wearing your office staple - a pencil skirt - in a fun paisley pattern.


I made this skirt from McCall's Pattern 5817. I was tired of old black and grey pencil skirts and decided to play a bit with colour. I found this fabric on a scraps table in a Home Decor section of Fabricland. Thus, I am proud to admit that the entire projects did not cost me more than maybe $5. 


I love this skirt because the fit is so perfect. The unusual fabric choice adds interest to this understated style. Plus the two vents in the back let you move freely while still looking sharp.

Wear it with a white crisp shirt, wedge or flat shoes and accessorize it with a bold necklace. Swapping the necklace for an animal print scarf is a fun way to combine prints


Who said that office fashion is boring? In the summer it simply cannot be!

No comments:

Post a Comment