Monday, September 17, 2012

Outfit Idea #4. Tribal Print.

If you have not yet noticed - you will after this post! - I absolutely fell in love with the concept of light weight over-sized tops. Wide necklines, ruffles, fun prints, enough skin concealed, enough revealed are the features that make it such a versatile item in your wardrobe. More importantly, however, they are so easy to wear and style! 


The inspiration for my new creation came from the fabric which had been patiently waiting for its perfect garment in my stash for about a year. I fell in love with this bright magenta tribal print! It's got layers of different prints on it, which breaks up the pattern and does not let the fabric look boring. Thank you, Digital Age!

Since the print is pretty busy and does most of the performance, I knew the silhouette needed to be rather simple. So my choice fell on the McCall's pattern 5666

For a sunny day 

For a summer day of fun I styled the top with crisp white shorts and belt. In the summer, I cannot live without my open-toed, cuffed, cream sandals.


For an urban night

For a city look, I wore this top with my black skinnies. Instead of tucking it in my jeans I left it out and cinched it with the black faux leather belt. This makes the top more expressive and gives you that 'just-in' peplum look. I completed the look with black peep toe 'shooties' and a sleek black purse. A silver cuff and earrings will make you club- or lounge-ready!


One awesome print, one simple silhouette - two awesome looks! 
Happy Styling!


No comments:

Post a Comment